19th & 20th July 2016 Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Disaster can strike any business, anywhere, at any time. Be it natural disasters, threat of terrorist attacks, loss of power, theft, hardware failure or security breaches, businesses need to ensure that they can recover their business processes and systems, quickly and with minimal disruption. Yet as reported in a variety of surveys, less than 30% of organizations have comprehensive disaster recovery plans. 40% of the companies that experience disaster go out of business, say experts. Those without appropriate business continuity plans lose significant market share and profits, not to mention the intangible yet devastating damage to the image of the organization.
Surviving a disaster cannot be left to chance; business continuity planning must become embedded in strategic and operational plans for the business functions, human resources, facilities and technology.
Notwithstanding all that has been said about the importance of business continuity and disaster recovery management, most corporations still either look at BC & DR MS with a bit of skepticism or with a sense of bewilderment.
This workshop will focus on the key issues of BC & DR MS and participants will:
- Understand how to develop a Business Continuity plan
- Learn proven techniques to assess and reduce risk and impact
- Understand how to carry out a Business Impact Analysis
- Understand why many plans fail
- Gain the latest techniques adopted in creating Disaster Recovery Plans
- Discover how to organize for survival in a disaster
- Create scenarios simulating disasters and evolve appropriate response strategies