EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE – THE SECRET TO MANAGING STRESS
Bringing Second Attention to Your Employee’s Thoughts and Emotions to Ensure Good Mental Health and Well – Being In the Midst of Pandemic
The current global challenge in the form of covid-19 has disrupted the mental wellness of many people including our staff. Emotions like sadness, uncertainty, fear, disruption to norm have put a dent in our productivity and confidence It is the employers’ obligation to safeguard the employees’ mental health and wellbeing during the pandemic to ensure high productivity in the organisation. As such, this program will bring forth the personal strength of each person and build resilience in any negative situation.
Emotional intelligence describes the ability to understand one’s own feelings which is vital to being an effective and high-performing member of any team. It also provides great insight on how emotion influences motivation and behaviour. The concepts of Emotional Intelligence have been around since the early 20th century, but the term was first introduced by Wayne Payne in 1985.
Focusing on managing your emotions under pressure, participants will gain a better understanding of self-management and selfawareness by learning how to manage your emotional brain in your most difficult moments. This in turn will allow you to manage your daily emotions, including stress much more easily. Prolonged exposure to stress has been identified to increase the inflammatory makers in the body. This in turn has been proven to be the main precursor for most of the disease, including several critical illnesses.
This workshop will give you an insight to emotional intelligence, in addition to increasing your self-awareness towards all the triggers that results in emotional hijacks. Upon which, several techniques will be deployed to manage these emotions appropriately, plus additional tools which can be utilized in the long-term to rewire the brain to expose it to much calmer state.
YOU WILL COME AWAY ARMED WITH THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Introduction to EI and how it can contribute to your personality and interaction with others
- Recognise and understand your moods and emotions and their effect on others
- Identify the best approach to a stressful situation (Alter, Avoid, or Accept)
- Applying tonal, breathing and physical relaxation techniques to expose the brain to much calmer states
- Control and guide your emotions so you can achieve more, boost yourself and vastly increase your productivity
- Establish rapport with others and improve the effectiveness of your communication utilizing empathy
- Understand others’ feeling when interacting with them and become a trusted person in their network
- Manage and regulate your emotions upon understanding your psychophysiological nature
- Understand others needs systematically and respond accordingly to get maximum results in your interactions with them
your course leader
Mr Vigneswaran has been involved in lecturing, research, management, sales and training for more than 14 years in the field of Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing sector, Higher Education, Sales and Marketing. He holds a degree & Master’s in Electrical Engineering from UTM. He is also a Certified HRDF Trainer. In addition, he has been accredited by Harisson Assessment in Employee Development, completed Emotional Energy Management Trainer Course and attended Gamification and Behavioural Design workshop by Yu-kai Chou.
Key areas of expertise include Performance Management, Emotional Intelligence, Sales and Customer Service, Personal Productivity and Employee Development incorporating Octalysis Framework. He has used his industrial and training expertise to develop soft skills programmes with a 20/80 approach; 20% lecture, 80% practical accompanied by a training manual individually customized for each programme. Research shows that the best way to learn is by example. All sessions contain specific examples that show exactly how recommended guidelines can be implemented in practice.
His partial clients list includes Galeri Petronas, Khazanah Nasional Bhd, DIGI, Honda Malaysia, UMW Holdings, Hong Leong Bank Berhad, Bintulu Development Authority and many others.